There are many benefits to using lasers for metal fabrication. Some may think that if a shop has turret punch and press brake machines, that there is no need to have other types of technology to fabricate efficiently and save money. So we figured we would write today’s blog about the various benefits of using a manufacturer that has a high speed laser.
Here at VIP, we run into many fabrication projects where they either require custom tooling or low quantities. This is where a high speed laser comes in handy! Before we get into all the benefits of laser cutting, take a look at the video below:
Here at VIP, we have invested in Amada’s LC-3015F1NT High Speed Laser, which has numerous pros:
- Fast piercing and cutting due to linear drives in all three axes
- High quality cutting with sharp corners over the full thickness range
- High productivity at lower running costs through the ECO cut process
- Flexible design options with a fully accessible enclosure
- 5’ x 10’ work envelope
- Cuts up to ¾” steel and up to ½” stainless and aluminum
- Ideal for short run and quick turn
- Ease of part nesting
- Low setup time
- Accuracy of .002 repeatability
- WACS allows for reduced heat distortion in thick material and intricate cutting
- 4,000 watt laser power which allows for faster cutting on thin and thick material
- Instead of machining thick metal, our F1 can do the same
This means less time and money! If you have parts to be manufactured that would qualify to be used on the high speed laser, feel free to contact us today for a quote. If you are in the San Diego area, we would be happy to give you a tour of our facility with an inside look of our laser.
Have a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!